The Spring Community Shop & Cafe, is a Community Enterprise owned and operated by the Parish of Sandal Magna, run for the benefit of the local communities in Sandal, Walton, Agbrigg & Portabello. We are proud to be at the heart of our local community and have developed close working relationships with many other local organisations over the last 23 years, including Wakefield Rotary, Sandal Community Association, Working for Walton, Dementia Friendly Wakefield, Safer Place Scheme, CAP Wakefield, Christians Against Poverty and most recently Transforming Lives for Good (TLG) – an initiative to support holiday hunger in young children.
We also work hard to support a range of local and national charities, through our monthly donations for tea and coffee, Tearfund Big Quiz Night, CAP Fashion Shows & The Macmillan Coffee Mornings.
We also make the Spring available for private hire and currently offer Yoga Sessions on a Monday & Wednesday evening.
- We offer afternoon teas available with 24 hours notice Tuesday – Saturday. See menu here.
- We also have gift vouchers available to purchase from the counter for bespoke amounts. They can be spent in either the shop or cafe.
- Our space is available to hire in the evenings.
- Yoga on Mondays from 5.30 – 7.00 pm (Contact Magaret Clegg for details on 07787175432)
- Yoga on Wednesdays from 7.30 – 9.00 pm (Contact Magaret Clegg for details on 07787175432)
- Work tables available to hire in the cafe.
- 10-12 or 2-5 pm Tuesday – Fridays
- The rate of £10, includes a hot drink of your choice and slice of homemade cake or toasted tea cake, and unlimited superfast broadband.
Please like our Facebook page below!